The 2021 edition of the Spooky Express will set out into neighborhoods starting at 1:00 p.m. on Halloween afternoon, Sunday, October 31. This is the second annual Halloween parade put on by Edwardsville Parks & Rec and this year will include members of the community as participants with decorated ATVs/UTVs, golf carts, tractors, and more! If you are interested in registering your vehicle, please do so before the registration deadline of Wednesday, October 27 by filling our the sign-up form HERE. So far, nearly 30 community members have registered their vehicles for the parade!
The Spooky Express will start with staging of the participants at Edwardsville City Hall. Vehicles will set out shortly before 1:00 p.m., and will be stopping at the following locations to hand out candy and treats to onlookers (times are approximate and may not be exact):
- Stop #1: 3rd St. & Beach St. - 1:00
- Stop #2: River Falls Rd. - 1:20
- Stop #3: 9th St. & Blake St. - 1:35
- Stop #4: Rock Ridge subdivision - 1:55
- Stop #5: Edgehill Dr. - 2:10
- Stop #6: Williamson Farms (Barber Ave.) - 2:30
- Stop #7: Williamson Farms (Shelton Ave.) - 2:45
- Stop #8: 3rd St. & Beach St. - 3:05
For a full map of the route, click THIS LINK.
Again, timing may not be exact, but if you are in place around the times above, you should be able to see the parade! We encourage spectators to be dressed in costume and to have candy bags ready to be filled at the stops by the participants!